Sunday, August 28, 2011

My first Blog: Where I am today!

Hey guys, so I just made it through my first week of college, and the work is beginning to start...

My life story started in Beverly, MA where I was born, I moved to St. Louis, MO when I was 5 years old, where I lived until I was 14 years old.  When I was in 3rd grade I was diagnosed with a brain tumor on my brain stem.  The doctors gave me 12 days to live with out surgery, and with a successful procedure completed, I would most likely need to relearn how to walk, be blind in both eyes, and have the right side of my body compleatly paralyzed.  Post surgery, the doctors told my parents, that they weren't really sure how it happened, but when they went to remove the massive tumor and leave a stump left without touching my brain stem, it miraculously peeled off, with no radiation necassary.  As a third grader, I quickly learned not to talk life for granted, and to not sweat the small stuff.  I believe this is wheat has made me so successful thus far in my life.

When I was an eighth grader, my father took a job with Dunkin Brands, and therefore we moved to the great Beantown!  I had a great experience in Boston, and a fantastic high school experience, but I am done with the northeast and the snow that comes with it.  I decided to move back to the south where I truly believe I belong.  Its a more laid back lifestyle, and perfect for me.  I can't wait to experience what CCU, claims what they have to offer, as thus far I am loving my college experience.

I will keep the blog up and running starting today!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment